CURRENT PRESCRIBED AMOUNTS
August 21st, 2015
WorkCover’s new Schedule of prescribed amounts for;
- weekly compensation payments;
- medical expenses and
applies form the 1 July this year.
The new schedule can be viewed here.
Features of the new schedule include;
- a new prescribed amount “maximum payment” of $232,050 for weekly payments;
- an increase in the prescribed amount for medical expenses and rehabilitation to respectively, $69,615 and $16,244;
- a new cap for weekly payments of $2,619.70;
- an increase in the cap payable for common law claims below the not less than 25% whole person impairment level, to $487,308.
The following amount apply in relation to fatalities;
- Lump sum payable to dependants: $580,125
- Child’s allowance: $137 per week payable initially, to WorkCover
- Funeral expenses: $10,011
The new amount will continue until 30 June 2020.